Monday, January 26, 2009

So You Want To Be A Cyclist?

I'm a huge fan of fatty. I check in on his blog often - especially since we're seriously considering a move to his stomping grounds in Utah. On many occasions, the fatcyclist, aka, Elden, has brought me to tears - both of laughter ('How Not to Get Invited on the Next Group Ride and 'How to Size Up the Competition' are two of my favorites) and sorrow (posts about the ups and downs of his wife, Susan's, battle with cancer). Today's post titled 'So You Want To Be A Cyclist Part I: Choosing Your Equipment' is an instant classic. I was already laughing when I got to the part about the recumbent and unfortunately filled my nose with Diet Coke as I read it. Too Funny.

Now, if only I could figure out how to fit a pillow and a Russian phrasebook into my mini-wedge....

1 comment:

  1. Bob,
    It's Art Meacham. We met Sunday evening at the Irvine Fireside. I'm interesting in riding in the Solvang double with you. I've never done a double, so I'm not sure about pacing, etc. Send me an email with a little more info if you can. Thanks.
    ameacham@juno.com or
    meachamal@ldsces.org

    ReplyDelete