Monday, September 27, 2010

End of Dad's Earthly Journey

Today marks the end of my dad's earthly journey.  I can't even begin to express my love and admiration for him.  He taught me how to ski and ride a bike, but more importantly he showed me how to be a better son, father and husband.  After 3+ days of emotionless sleep with no food or water, he teared up at about 2:00 this afternoon, then opened his eyes for the first time in days as the tears continued to flow and then quietly took his last breath as mom and many of the family stood and knelt by his side.  A very powerful and spiritual experience.

There will be a viewing at Nelson Mortuary in Logan this Thursday, September 30,  from 6:00-8:00PM  164 East 400 North.  Funeral services will be held on Friday, October 1, at 11:00 AM with a viewing from 9:30-10:30 AM at the 10th Ward Chapel on 500 East and 800 North, Logan, UT.

No comments:

Post a Comment